Running time: 1:26:16 Download MP3 file Please install Flash to use the web based podcast player.
Congratulations to Alex Lindsay on his little (and incredibly
laid back) boy. Malakhi! (Born in THREE hours, cries for a maximum of
minute at a time), see Malahki here
This episode everyone gets lost in skype dead-space at some point, so bear with us!:
And now the news……
- New LED screens ordered by Apple: Is the sub-notebook coming. EVERYONE wants the sub-notebook
- Scott: New Iphone: HSDPA 3G, 16GB of FlashRam, an SDK, and hopefully no GPS (It kills your battery life, FAST)
- Scott: Do you really need GPS? I mean, you have google maps, all you have to do is know where you are by-street-name
- Leo: With the new google maps for mobile you don’t even need to know the street name, the new “my location” feature uses cell-tower triangulation to create a customised location aware map for you, no battery life destroying GPS necessary!)
- Was Cingulars (AT&T) 3G iPhone “blurt” to push on apple to get the 3G iPhone ready faster
- Conclusion: The Sub-Notebook is inevitable at Macworld
- Steve Jobs could do his typicall “state-of-the-union” speech, although according to Alex, its not enough for a macworld, so there has to be something more.
- How would the Macalope appear at Macworld, without revealing his identity?…..
- Germany overturns iPhone injunction, Germany is now sans-unlocked iPhone
- Apple may start raising the prices on iTunes according to an Analyst (What makes a person an an Analyst? Can someone give me a define:Analyst please?)
- Prices might go up to $15 for Movies: You could buy a DVD for that!
- All NBC show’s are removed from the iTunes Sidebar
- However, according to Scott, you can still get some of the shows if you go to the shows directly (through December)
- Hulu is bad, its a mish-mash of content, you can never get the latest content, but that might be the Writers Strike
- To Compete with Piracy (and iTunes, but to a lesser extent) there has to be a high quality, inexpensive, one-stop-shop solution
- Alex: The Mac Mini IS the best mac media centre solution, and of course, in high def. With the Mini, all the content is just a click away with a slick Apple TV “back row” interface but with the power of the mac.
- Big Media Giants DO NOT GET IT (IT being the new age of media)
- The True Price of movies should be $4.99
- Rental’s may be the next big iTunes new product
- Netflix is awesome, but apparently they have an algorithm to detect the “handbrake+netflix=rental movies to keep” combo
- The Digital lifestyle (.tv) has launched a 24 hour mac content, it uses mogulus, but to the panel the whole thing is “meh”
- Patent Nonsense! Lawsuits Galore-250 pending lawsuits against the iPhone
- More light talk on mac-y stuff, hard to describe, but then again these are showNOTES, not the SHOW
- Scott: The TAD iPhone Pouch for 16.95 (The least expensive Scott Bourne pick ever!)
- Alex: Stattooo- A Heads-Up-Display for mac, but on your desktop, for those who wish their was a little checkbox on dashboard preferences “start working the way i actually want” for $12.95
- Leo: Quay, bringing the heirachical dock icons back to Leopard! One free icon, or register for $7 and get the real deal
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by Cachefly.