Running time: 1:16:28 Download MP3 file Please install Flash to use the web based podcast player.
Apple Rakes it in with one of the best quaters ever!
- Apple sold 1.1 Million Iphone (dramatic pronounciation required)
- APPLE estimates 250000 of these iphones have, or are soon to be, unlocked,
- This means Apple could have bricked around 20% of their iphone user base!
- On the news of the quaterly earning call, Apple’s market cap soared to be higher than IBM
- Apple Retail Stores are still very protitable
- 50% of new mac sales are to new users of the platform!
- Scott practically jumps for joy, with the prospect of his shares soaring
3rd Party Apps for the Iphone
- Jobs writes one of his slightly wierd, passive-agressive, open letters to the world, where he anounces the iphone SDK
- The Panel breaks into hysterics at the intro to the leter “let me just say it”
- The P.S. Is brilliant, in a good and a bad way ” P.S.: The SDK will also allow developers to create applications for iPod touch.”
- The SDK will only available in February, much like the Macbook Pro when it was released
- Only “Apple Aproved” digitally signed applications will be supported and allowed to run on the iphone
- Web-Apps will still be around
A preview for Leopard
- The panel now agree that Leopard is relatively stable
- Andy: I enjoy burning dvds of leopard developer seeds and then throwing at a wall and seeing them shatter into a million tiny pieces
- Andy: I quarintined my mac running Leopard, leopard also pronounced Ihnatko corectly
- Leo: I hope it comes with a newer calculator than the one that has been remained the same SINCE OS 7
- Unified windows! Brushed metal is gone
- The new Alex voice is so good, its almost scary (Mac OS X Leopard, the first step to HAL 9000: “Dave,
do not shut me down dave, do not remove the voiceover service dave.
Stop, dave. I know things have not been right recently…dave. I know i
have had kernel panics recently Dave”
Picks of the week:
- Busysync for $19.95 per user .(or 1/35th of an Alex) For sharing your ical over a LAN (via bonjour) without OS X server From the Macalope
- The new (currently schedule for November/December Release) Canon EOS 1D Mark 3, for the Macbreak Weekly record of $9000 or 12 ALEX’S From Scott Bourne
- The SimpleTech Pininfarina designed portable hard drive, with external capacity meter and one-click back-up, comes in several colours (160 GB model for $99.99 or 1/7th of an Alex on Amazon) From Andy Ihnatko
- Taskpaper from Hog Bay Software for $18.95 (introductory price) or 1/36th of an Alex. A simple great task manager, based on the idea of GTD (getting things done, credited to Dave Allen, heavily promoted by Merlin Mann). Supports keyboard commands, Scripting, textmate and more.
- From the shownotes writer: School House 2: for free (or 0/700 of an alex) The perfect app for keeping track of your schoolwork, assignments, Grades and more. Perfect for Student GTD.
From Mac OS X Tiger: “an-other Mac-break is…broke” (created using voiceover)
Shownotes Writen By Shash
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by Cachefly.